WELCOME!... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .I do not profess to be an expert cook--but I do love cooking for my family & friends. Wonderful food is a part of most of our favorite family traditions and memories. Here on my blog are some of our much-loved recipes, and also some new treasures.:) . . . . . . . . . .. . . . .Happy cooking!
................... . . . . . . . .~Nicole

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Stir Fry for Egg Rolls

Okay, this is one of those dishes that reminds me of when I was little...My mom, sister and I in the kitchen rolling egg rolls (and eating more of the Stir-fry than was actually put into them). I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!

Egg Rolls
Egg roll wrappers
egg whites

Stir Fry
1 sm onion, chopped
3 c celery, chopped
4 c bean sprouts, chopped (not too small)
1 can sliced water chestnuts, reserve juice
2 lbs ground pork (not sausage)

Stir Fry Sauce
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp ground ginger
2 chicken bullion cubes, crushed
1 Tbsp juice from water chestnuts

1: Cook pork. Cook other ing. of stir fry, with juice with the cooked pork.
2: Wrap, using eggwhites w/ a little water to seal the egg rolls. Make sure to seal well, so that oil doesn't seap in.)
3: Fat-fry till golden brown (or bake-see below) (I prefer fat-frying)

Eat right away, or cool & freeze, Bake frozen egg rolls at 450 for 15-20 min

To bake
1: Coat cookie sheet with cooking spray
2: Lay out egg rolls
3: Coat egg rolls with cooking spray, heavily
4: Bake at 425 for 5-10 min until ends are hard, crusty and golden brown.

Optional Ingredients
Rice Noodles, carrots, cabbage, green beans, snowpeas, banboo shouts (I stay with the original ingredients...this is my all-time favorite dinner!)

Courtesy of: The Parkin Family

No comments: