I made this recipe for the first time today and fell in love! It is quite easy, and makes a fun twist on the standard breakfast waffle. If you are serving this as part of a breakfast--with things like meat and eggs or fruit--these waffles are quite dense, and 2 waffles* per person should be plenty.
Peel and grate 2 apples (I used Gala)Add to:
6 Tbsp margerine or butter
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 Tbsp vanilla
4 eggs
4 c flour
1/2 c. milk
The batter will be very thick. Depending on your griddle, you may need to use cooking spray. I didn't on mine. Place about 1/2-3/4 c. batter on waffle iron, depending on size of iron. Close griddle and cook for about 3-5 minutes (mine were done after 2 1/2 on my iron). Cool a little and serve.* This recipe yields about 12, 4"-square waffles.
** Wonderful with Apple Syrup
*** The original recipe called for 1 1/2 c butter, I thought that was too much and cut it to the 6 Tbsp. listed. They turned out perfectly.


No comments:
Post a Comment