WELCOME!... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .I do not profess to be an expert cook--but I do love cooking for my family & friends. Wonderful food is a part of most of our favorite family traditions and memories. Here on my blog are some of our much-loved recipes, and also some new treasures.:) . . . . . . . . . .. . . . .Happy cooking!
................... . . . . . . . .~Nicole

Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Best Chili, Ever

I have never been a big fan of home-made chili. And still to this day, this is the only one I like. But more than liking this chili...I absolutely love it. And don't be afraid of the cinnamon in here, it makes it just perfect! (And don't fret about the chili powder, it only makes it flavorful, not spicy. I know, I can't eat spicy foods!)

1 1/2 lbs beef or pork (or a combo of both), cooked
1 c green pepper, chopped (about 1 pepper)
1 c onion, chopped (1 medium onion)
2 15 oz cans kidney beans, drained
1 28 oz can chopped tomatoes, undrained
1 15 oz can tomato sauce
1 1/2 c water
2 Tbsp chili powder
2 Tbsp worchestershire sauce
1 Tbsp honey
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground allspice
1 lg bay leaf
1/4 c brown sugar

Combine all ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes covered, or 1 hour uncovered. Remove bay leaf and serve.

* We like to use all pork, or a combination of pork and beef

Courtesy of: Kimber Davis

No comments: